Brosnan's License Revoked

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Brosnan Loses License to Kill

This is good news for James Bond fans. He was never as integral to the franchise as the ultimate James Bond, Sean Connery or even his replacement Roger Moore.

I could never see him properly in the role. All I could see in my mind was Remington Steele, the character he played in the TV series of the same name. Like his Remington Steele character, it always felt like he was playing at the role but never took it seriously or had the chops to back up the nameplate. Evidently he felt the same way:

"It never felt real to me," he said. "I never felt I had complete ownership over Bond. Because you'd have these stupid one-liners--which I loathed--and I always felt phony doing them."

Well thanks for telling us NOW, Pierce. You could have done fans of the series a huge favor by bowing out after the first one if you hated it so much. Those 'stupid one-liners' are the trademark of the character, and action movies have been copying it ever since.

The article names some possible replacements: my vote goes to Hugh Jackman. He's got action-movie chops and a presence that would lend him some Bond-style credibility.

Who would you choose?

0 comments:

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Celebrity Pro Blog